• February 13Algebra 1 EOC: May 1st; Spanish 4 AP Exam: May 2nd; 6,7,8th STAAR Math Retesting: May 8th, 6,7,8th STAAR Reading retesting: May 9th; 8th Grade Science STAAR: May 10; 8th Grade STAAR Social Studies: May 11th

• February 137th and 8th grade boys play at Lincoln against Ross on February 15th.

Mr. Lopez’s

Julian Soto

You may have seen Mr. Lopez outside of the orchestra room while getting on the bus, but there is more to Mr. Lopez than you may have thought. He graduated from Texas Tech university with a Bachelors in music, and he has worked at Lincoln for almost a year. His favorite snack is beef jerky, but he doesn’t enjoy it as much as the sound of his children. When asked if he could be any fictional character, he said he would be Queue, from Moby Dick. Mr. Lopez enjoys teaching his students, which includes his orchestra and general music class, which he teaches with other music instructors. Mr. Lopez said that he loves music so much that he wanted to teach it to students. He loves it when his students leave his class happy, and he is willing to stay after school if the students need help. When faced with difficult thoughts or ideas, Mr. Lopez said he tends to get nervous but is willing to seek help from other teachers if needed. He hopes that his students will grow and learn the values of general music while still having fun.